Hanging In The Trees

Hanging In The Trees

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Heart Based Yoga in a Studio Setting...FINALLY!

Today was our first day of Heart Based Yoga at Two Rivers Yoga. I have been teaching yoga based on my studies in Anusara Yoga for a long time now, but most of my teachings have been in the gym setting, a wonderful place to bring more yoga to more people, but usually a different mindset and whole different animal. I must say though for a gym Spectrum has a really good yoga program.

I was blessed and honored to have the privilege of teaching a room full of friends, and got to meet a new friend today, Susanne (I hope I spelled that correctly) two of my friends and fantastic teachers from Two Rivers Yoga Stefanie and Kanani joined the class today as well. What an honor, to teach two EXCELLENT teachers and to get their feedback is really a feeling that swells the heart.

Our practice today was an open to Grace practice, where each person in the room found the ability to allow themselves to be vulnerable enough to open their hearts fully. Our peek pose was Urdva D and we did a lot of work with shoulder loop, even though I promised not to define too many terms and focus on the actions, as to not overwhelm the brains, I couldn't help myself I let the shoulder loop cat out of the bag :) but I was working with experienced practitioners and I waited until we got to Ustrasana late in the practice to let the term slip. I really enjoyed teaching in the studio setting today and look forward to more practices to convey the yoga I am so passionate about.

Thank you Pam, Barbara, Susanne, Kanani and Stefanie for coming out to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment